The poster presentation aims to:
- re-inforce the conference theme “Engage People: Gain Phenomenal Success”
- re-inforce the role of human resource in national development during the last 50 years;
- provide an opportunity for conferees to prepare themselves to receive maximum benefits from conference;
- foster creativity among HR professionals;
- generate pre-conference discussion on important HR issues that will be covered at conference.
HRMAJ will use the most outstanding artistic presentation of the theme in future HRMAJ publications and/or create a calendar provided that HRMAJ receive permission from the owners.
The poster competition is open to all conference attendees. Participants/organisations will be responsible for all expenses on materials for the posters.
Criteria for Judging
Criteria for judging will be based on the following.
|Exposition of the conference theme and HR involvement in Jamaica's development during the past 50 years||30|
|Use of colour/graphics||15|
|Reflection of HR theories and practices||25|
The posters will be judged and prizes awarded for the top 3 posters as well as the "People's Choice". Pre-judging will take place at HRMAJ Secretariat to select the final 6 presentations for display on the HRMAJ website and at conference. Certificates of participation will be given to all participants in the display.
The public will be able to vote for the 'People's Choice' Poster by completing a poll on the HRMAJ website at www.hrmaj.org. The poll will open at least five (5) days before conference.
The Poster must be submitted with an abstract of not more than one hundred and fifty (150) words explaining what it features.
Awards will be given to the winner of the competition as well as the organisation with which the winner is affiliated. Additionally, the winner and winning organisation will benefit from media exposure.
The 6 most outstanding posters that successfully represent the theme of the conference will be given full exposure throughout Conference32.
Grand Prize - HRMAJ trophy, a video camera and media exposure
Second Prize - Plaque and gift certificate
Third Prize - Plaque and one year free individual Membership to HRMAJ
People's Choice - Plaque and gift certificate
Completed Entry Forms must be submitted to the HRMAJ Secretariat by October 8, 2012. The forms may be faxed or sent via e-mail.
The deadline for submission of the posters will be October 17, 2012.
- The winning posters will be the property of the Human Resource Management Association of Jamaica
- Members and family members of the Conference Committee are ineligible to enter