The Rationale for the Award
In recognition and celebration of an individual who has made sterling contribution to the field of HR in general and to the growth and development of HRMAJ in particular, during the review period (i.e. October 1 thru September 30).
Eligibility (Nominators and Nominees)
- All individual members of the Association ‘in good standing’
- Representatives of Corporate Membership ‘in good standing’
EXEMPTIONS (i.e. Not eligible as nominators or nominees):
- Executive Committee of the Board
- Staff of the Secretariat
Criteria for Nomination
- Member of HRMAJ for at least one year at the closing date of nomination.
- Active committee/sub-committee member during the nomination year.
What Is The Nomination Process?
The Member of the Year Awards Guidelines and the Nomination Forms are available for download from the HRMAJ site. Guidelines and Nomination Forms are also distributed to all individual members and representatives of corporate membership.
- An eligible Association member (i.e. a member in ‘good standing’) can only nominate one person meeting the outlined criteria.
- Nomination submission opens October 1 and closes October 20.
- The Nomination Form requires that the nominator rate the individual being nominated for the review period against positive statements covering the nomination provision.
- Completed Nomination Forms are submitted to the HRMAJ secretariat for evaluation. If more than one Nomination Form is received from a nominator then the first form received is accepted and the other(s) rejected. Forms without the name and signature of the nominator are also rejected.
- At least 80% of statements in each section of the nomination sheet must be responded to. The Form also allows the nominator to state reasons for his/her nomination.
How is selection done?
- The Nomination Form has two categories of responses. Category A speaks to an individual’s contribution to the HR profession in general. This Category of responses carries an overall weighting of 25. Category B speaks to an individual’s contribution to HRMAJ in particular. This Category of responses carries an overall weighting of 75.
- Nominees scoring 95% or more on the Nomination Form are short-listed and invited to attend an interview.
- Nominators are not allowed more than ONE “Not Applicable” response in each category.
- The Member of the Year will be selected from those candidates who attend the interview.
- The interview panel’s decision is final.
- The Interview and selection panel will comprise members of the Executive Committee of the Board of HRMAJ.
Awards and Prizes
- The prestigious Member of the Year Trophy
- A Weekend for two at a hotel
- Media exposure